Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Field Trip 5


Chelsea Galleries

Last week I visited the galleries in Chelsea. I had a very great time and a good ecercise walking from gallery to gallery looking at all types of unique art work.    I found Jim Kempner Fine Art Gallery on  501 W 23rd St, very interesting.  However, the artwork in Anton Kearn Gallery on 532 West 20th St,didn’t really impress me.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         







  

I would like to buy and display these sculptures above in my room because they depict my favorite sport, which is swimming. "Miniature Quan", the two sculptures kneeling on the ball is 11 x 11 x 7.1 in, perfect size to place on a desk. This sculpture exemplifies the importance of the balance of a swimmer,proportion and her body language. They come in different colors so you can choose the one that stands out to you the most. "Bling Miniature Serena", the one  is another work done by Feuerman, and it is also a sculpture of a girl swimmer. However, this one focuses more on the swimmers face. This sculpture is different then others because the cap that the swimmer is wearing has Swarovski crystals. It is 9.5 x 17 x 7.5 in, also a good size to place on a desk. Her works almost seem real when you see it in person. They look like they are ready to swim away. All of the details on the sculpture, like the water droplets, she hand paints. "Miniature Quan" is $14,800 and "Bling Miniature Serena" is $38,000. Even though these works are pretty expensive, when I become rich I would definitely consider buying atleast one of them.  It would be nice to pass by these works daily because they will remind me of the time I use to compete in swimming competitions. This would influence my daily life because it will cause me to be confident and strong. I wouldn’t be afraid to invest in one of these works because swimming is a sport that will never get boring or forgotten. Therefore I believe this work will always stay popular.






“Meat” by Wilhelm Sasnal is one work of art that I wouldn’t buy. This is a 63 1/8 x 86 3/4 inch oil on canvas painting. I would never consider buying this work because I wouldn’t like to look at a piece of meat hanging in my apartment. Passing this painting daily would be tremendous because it would make my stomach growl, especially in the morning. This painting doesn’t interest me and I see no meaning behind it. Another work by the same artist that I wouldn’t buy is “Untitled”. “Untitled is a 63x63 ich, oil on canvas painting. This painting is very plain and contains only two colors, black and white. I wouldn’t like if this dull painting was hanging on my wall because it frightens me a bit. In the painting there is a person with no face, just ears and chin. I wouldn’t invest in these two paintings because to me there is no meaning behind it.



It all depends on your personal preference what you like and don’t like. If I don’t understand the artwork or it doesn’t give me a feeling of aesthetic emotion, then I don’t plan on investing in it.



  

No comments:

Post a Comment